Railway Express Car No. NRHX 534
This 73’ express car was built by St. Louis Car Co. for the Southern Railway in 1941 and served theNorth Carolina region until the 1970’s. It was donated to the Greensboro Chapter of the NRHS by the Southern Railway in 1981. It was restored by the chapter and placed in excursion service as a commissary car (snacks and souvenir sales) until 2000 when it was sold to the Lancaster and Chester Railroad in Spartanburg, SC. It still serves as a repair/tool car for their passenger car repair business.