Stainless Steel Passenger Coach No. NRHX 549
This 74’ car, initially car No. 3242, was one of only two 42 seat round-end parlor-observation cars ever built for the Sante FE Railway by the Budd Company
in Philadelphia in 1938. It was the tail-end car on the passenger trains “Kansas Cityan”, “Tulsan”, Chicagoan” as well the “Chief ” from 1938-1957, after which it was converted to a coach and renumbered 2949. It was purchased by the Greensboro Chapter of the NHRS in 1987 and was rebuilt by the chapter. It served on excursion service behind several famous locomotives until 1998 when it was sold to the Blue Ridge Scenic Railway in Georgia for tourist service. It is still in use in Georgia.